This isn't rocket science, but I discovered a different way to make popcorn in the microwave. You might be asking yourself, why do I care, why should I do it this way?
1. You can choose how much you want to make
2. You don't have any dishes afterwards (no bowls, no mess)
3. You can toss the popcorn with any seasoning you want
4. You can bring it with you (if your like me and don't like to be foodless while driving)
5. Your kids can draw on the bags beforehand and no issues with sharing
6. It is way cheaper to buy popcorn this way than the microwave bags
7. No oil or butter. Yes, I am aware I lost a few of you on this one, but you can always add your own after if you are a butter lover
Pretty self explanatory. Get some popcorn, get some brown paper bags.
Put popcorn in a bag. I use 2tbls of kernels which makes about 2 cups and is 100 calories.
Fold bag over about 2 -3 times.
Place in microwave and cook. I use the "popcorn button". Seriously, I am having trouble writing this as I am laughing about how easy this is.
Take out of microwave and toss with your favorite spice. For me, its Sriracha all the way!