The first post only made sense to start off with a new product that I discovered in an attempt to find peanut butter that I could eat every day in large quantities. Anyone out there addicted to peanut butter will understand this desire.
I came across PB2, a powdered peanut butter sold by Bell Plantation. It has 45 calories for two tablespoons compared to 190 for regular peanut butter. I also find it less sweet than even "natural peanut butter". Check out the nutritional comparison.
The options for use are endless. Here are just some of the things I do with my PB2:
- Shakes! add to any protein or health shake
- spread on rice cakes, toast, crackers with bananas
- spread on rice cake, toast, crackers with avocado and salt (seriously this is delicious)
- sprinkle on chicken, turkey or beef when pan frying for a good peanut sauce
- mix with plain yogurt and eat or freeze into popsicle sticks for peanut butter yogurt
- instead of water, mix with jam for a quick peanut butter and jam sandwich
- make the pb2 runny and add in hoisin, soy sauce and cilantro for a salad dressing or stir fry sauce
- sprinkle on plain cereal and add milk
- use for anything you may bake that requires peanut butter. If you read the about me page of this blog you will know I have not tried this as I don't bake!
How do you do it? Simple. Mix with water. The amount of water you add will depend on whether you want it runny for a dressing or thick for toast. I have also mixed half and half with real peanut butter for a more authentic taste.
I store mine in the fridge with a tablespoon scoop left right in the container. Remember, I am eating this every day, sometimes twice a day.
|Put one or two tablespoons in a small mixing bowl|
|Add water, usually half as much as the powder, but that depends on the consistency you want.|
|Mix it up with a spoon|
|My new dream product, delicious!|