3 large zucchini
1 jar of tomato sauce
1 red pepper
1 garlic bulb
2 cups spinach
red chili peppers (to taste)
salt and pepper (to taste)
Parmesan cheese (to taste)
- Spiralize the zucchini and set aside - see the original post on how to spiralize
- Preheat oven to 400' and cut up red pepper and garlic and roast in oven for 20 minutes (flipping twice).
- Combine the tomato sauce, red pepper, garlic, spinach (chopped), red chili peppers, salt and pepper and let simmer on the stove
- Boil water and put in the zucchini, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Toss together with the sauce and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Total calories (and I had to double check twice as I didn't believe it was 400) - that's for the whole recipe and we served it three ways. Well, actually only two ways as the three hot chili peppers I used spiced out my third consumer who had to switch to milk and cereal. Sorry. Brett gave it a solid two thumbs up and I was very pleased. This combined with the shoestring yams is making my spiralizer a solid purchase.