Do you love pasta? Do you love thick creamy sauces? Do you miss pasta as you try to reduce your high calorie meals out of your diet? Do you miss white sauces like I do? A good tomato sauce is ok, but once and awhile do you crave that white cheesy alfredo sauce? Then, try this! Use cauliflower as the base for a rich creamy delicious low calorie pasta sauce! Enjoy, I did!
Servings (around 4), 350 calories for sauce, or around 90 calories per portion!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into large chunks
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbls, shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Parsley flakes to taste
- Steam cauliflower or cook in the microwave until it is tender
- Heat cooking spray in a small pot over med heat
- Add shallot and garlic and sautee
- Add chicken broth and heat
- Add cauliflower, coconut milk, parmesan and salt and pepper
- Either use a blender or immersion blender to cream
Pictures:Steam that cauliflower
I left the sauce very thick as I know how wet the zucchini noodles are and I was adding to zucchini pasta this night for dinner.
Serve over top of your favorite pasta or in my case zucchini noodles
I served this with the chicken picatta recipe (my joint post with New York Foodie)
Husband Friendly Version:
This wasn't too hard, I served on top of noodles instead of zucchini. He was very impressed and said he would eat it again!
What else do you think we could use this sauce for?