I don't make many appetizers. I think partly because I find most of them unhealthy. Ok, well the ones I would want are unhealthy. Chicken wings, nachos, chips and dips, bread bowls, seven layer dip, baked brie and the list continues. No point in trying to make any of those mentioned above healthy, so I have been always searching for healthy good looking and edible appetizers!
The other day my husband came home with a fantastic piece of sushi grade tuna and I begged him to let me try a new recipe. He even helped on this one and we really enjoyed it. It is going to be a repeat for sure. For 20 calories a stack, you can't beat that!
Ingredients:Makes around 12 stacks (20 calories a stack)
- 12 oz of sushi grade tuna
- 1 seedless cucumber, sliced
- 1-2 jalapeno's, sliced thin with seeds removed (I left a few in for some heat)
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 2 tbls of cream cheese
- Sriracha Sauce
- Cut cucumber into 1/4 inch slices
- Place small amount of cream cheese on cucumber
- Place cilantro on cream cheese
- Cut tuna to fit cucumber and place on top
- Top with finely sliced fresh jalapeno
- Top with a dollop of sriracha sauce
Eat and enjoy!