Once again, similar to the Bashed BBQ chicken, the steps include a brine which Brett still swears is the secret to most meat.
We served our pulled pork with taco's this time, although it was also just as good cold out of the Tupperware the next day.
- 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup salt ( or 500 ml molasses & 500 ml kosher salt)
- 2.5 kg of pork. We used a pork shoulder with bone in and one pork boneless butt
- Place in brine, cover and soak for 24 hours
- Pull out of fridge, drain out sauce
Step 2: Make Dry Rub
- 2 tbls paprika - we used smoked paprika
- 1 tbls salt
- 1 tbls sugar
- 1/2 tbls mustard powder
- 1 tbls chili powder
- 1 tbls cumin
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tbls garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
Step 3: Rub and Cook
- Preheat oven at 200
- Place liquid smoke 1 tsp in bottom of pan
- Put in roasting pan (covered) on a rack
- Cook until temperate gets to 200, usually 4-6 hours
- Drain every couple hours and try to remove as much moisture as possible (which is why putting it on a rack in the pan is critical)
- Cook fat side up
Pork in the brine....
Place pork on roasting rack in pan.
Apply dry rub
Use thermometer to get to right temperature!
Meat out of the oven!
So yummy and can be served with so many meal ideas!