This post is inspired by my never ending desire to eat as much food as possible. Using spaghetti squash in your stirfry will result in a GIANT bowl of spaghetti squash with fresh veggies. I was really craving BBQ theme this time, normally it is asian, but today I needed that BBQ flavor in this spaghetti squash bowl.
This recipe made two giant servings for 300 calories each. A normal person could split this into 4 and serve as a side or just not be as piggy as I am.
- Broccoli, chopped 1.5 cups
- Mushrooms, crimini 2 cups sliced
- Baby spinach, 2 cups
- Veggie ground round, 1/3 cup
- Spaghetti squash, 2 cups cooked
- Sweet bbq sauce, 2 tbls
- Sour cream, to garnish
Prepare the spaghetti squash:
Prepare the vegetables:
- Cook the broccoli, mushrooms to your desired tenderness
- Throw in some jalapeno's if you want
- Add the veggie ground (if you are using fresh chicken or turkey or ground beef, then cook first)
Add in the spaghetti squash at the very end and cook for another 5 minutes or until the squash is hot again (I am assuming that it cooled down on your counter while you were cooking the rest of the meal).
Then add your BBQ sauce. Of course you could make your own, but I don't have time for that!
Place in your giant salad bowl and marvel at how great you are.
Add some more hot sauce and some sour cream and enjoy your creation!