I love my zucchini pasta using my spiralizer. I love it so much I have made four recipes on the blog already. However, the pasta is a tad boring looking and it's not that easy to find the proper size zucchini all the time for using my spiralizer. So again with the squash? Why not! Butternut squash is such a beautiful color! And since it doesn't trick you with having a ton of seeds and innards, you can make a massive amount of noodles with just one squash.
I challenged myself to this recipe a tad late into the night and as you can see I was already wearing my onsie for the event!
The recipe below made two GIANT servings with 400 calories for each meal. A normal person would have split into four servings. But why bother when you can eat all this food!
- Butternut Squash (medium)
- Sesame Oil 2 tbls
- Sliced Crimini Mushrooms (4 oz)
- Broccoli (5 oz)
- Cherry Tomatoes (10-15)
- Chicken Breast (250 grams)
- Balsamic Glaze (2 tbls)
- Preheat oven to 400'
- Cut off ends of butternut squash
- Peal the squash
- Cut in half or into 2 or 3 segments
- Spread onto baking tray and drizzle with sesame oil
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until noodles are soft (choose your desired tenderness. I have also cooked in small amount of boiling water on the stove).
- Saute chicken until cooked
- Add in veggies and cook until they reach your desired tenderness
- Serve on top of your "noodles" and enjoy!
- Oops, forgot the balsamic glaze in the first photo!
Husband Friendly VersionAs this was the first time I was attempting this recipe I allowed Brett to opt out of the dinner without a fight. He made himself a pasta with cheese sauce and chicken. I think now that he has seen how great it looks, I can convince him to join me next time. I didn't get a photo of his husband friendly version as I was so excited about my own meal that I forgot all about him. #marriedtoolong
Seriously. I'm in love. This is a repeat meal for sure.
Are there any other vegetables out there you want me to try to spiralize into a pasta dish? Challenge me!