When I say curry, you say eggplant! When I say curry, you say cauliflower! When I say curry, you say YUM! Cheerleader for the rice free curry options. Obviously not chanting or dancing this in rhythm as this tall girl has neither a stellar voice or any dance skills. What I do have skills in is creating giant powerful spicy packed curries that are delicious, low in calories and easy to make. Damn those meal prep skills are ridiculous. This meal is a one pot wonder that is simple to make and serves up 4 giant servings for 300 calories a serving. I made many a co-worker jealous the week I brought these in for lunches. Notice the one Tupperware - that is because I share my meal prep with my sister who enjoys one free lunch a week thanks to Pinks Pantry!
- 1 large cauliflower, shredded
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 can coconut milk - light
- 1/2 package of medium firm tofu
- 1 large eggplant, sliced
- Pineapple, sliced (100 grams)
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- Garlic, 3-4 tbls
- Ginger, grated (3-4 tbls)
- Red chili powder, 3-4 tbls
- Tumeric, 2-3 tbls
- Vindaloo powder, 2-3 tbls
Directions:This one pot wonder was really simple to make.
- In large saucepan on medium heat, use some pam or oil and fry the ginger. Add in the rest of the spices until your eyes are watering and you think the dry paste is going to burn! Then add in the tomatoes, stir and bring to boil.
- Add in the coconut milk
- Add in all of the vegetables (except the spinach)
- Let simmer on low (covered for 30 minutes)
- Add in the spinach near the end and then you have your giant one pot wonder of curry ready for consuming
- I serve with a pappadum and mango chipolte and sour cream
Side note (bragging rights as I control the pen on this blog) --- I have not bought a lunch (aside from work required lunches) in over 3 years. My lunches average to around $3-4 a lunch and they are delicious and the best part of my day! Meal prep is the best thing I found in my life (aside from my husband, he is pretty cool too).