My mission continues to convince everyone that eggplant is and can be delicious if cooked properly. I posted grilled eggplant the other day but I know there are food lovers out there that are still skeptical. I also know that most people will anything if you call it pizza. So here we have "pizza plants". A lightly grilled eggplant, then cooked in the oven with tomato sauce, turkey or veggie ground round and some goat cheese. I double dog dare you to try this one! This recipe makes as many as you like! The one I made below made 3 pizza's for 116 calories a pizza.
- Eggplant - 3 slices (around 2-3 inches)
- Pizza sauce (1/4 cup kraft light)
- Goat cheese - 2 tbls
- Veggie Ground Round - 1/3 cup
- Panko or Rice Crumbs
- Egg whites, for dredging
- Seasoning salt
- Salt & Pepper
- Slice the eggplant and salt to let them sweat
- Rub off with a paper towel
- Dredge in egg white and press into a bowl with the panko and spices of your choice
- Place on your handy grill or panini press and cook until almost done (ie, still a little tough but not mushy).
- Place on a baking sheet and broil in the oven to melt the cheese and heat up the rest of the ingredients.
- Top with green onions and enjoy!